A Few Workouts You Can Do On Your Couch
Whoever told you that you can’t lose weight on your couch has given you a wrong advice. And here’s why. We bring you a few effective exercises that you can do in the comfort of your couch.
When it comes to physical activity, the most difficult part is to find motivation and get up from the couch. But, what if you don’t have to leave one of the most favorite places in your home? These workouts are ideal for those who find it difficult to move, who don’t have enough time and those who want to try something new and fun. All you need is a couch and good will.
- Take a stance for push-ups, but with your feet up on the couch. You can position your body in a way where your legs are on the couch knees-high. Perform 15 pushups.
- Lie on the floor with your legs up on the couch. Place your hands beside the body and lift the buttocks up and down for 15 times.
- Turn your back on the handles of the couch. Use your hands to hold yourself to the couch and slowly go down as if sitting on a chair (legs should be bent at the knees). Lift the right leg straight and do the same with the left leg. Repeat this procedure for 10 times.
- Lie down on the floor beside the couch and use your hands to hold onto it. Raise your legs and start cycling for a minute or two.
- Stay in a supine position. Place your feet under the couch and perform 15 sit-ups. This is ieal for those who are not yet fit.
This is only a small number of workouts that you can do on (or around) your couch. It is important to be aware that even your couch cannot be used as an excuse. You can exercise everywhere and in almost every situation. Control your diet, change your habits and start exercising. Start using your couch for this purpose if you lack motivation.