10 Risky Bedtime Habits That We Must Eliminate Right Now!
The following is a list of 10 things that people should avoid doing before they go to bed. This list is especially useful for those who experience a low quality of sleep.
- Don’t consume water before bedtime. The last glass of water should be taken about 2 hours before going to bed. If you avoid this advice, you will probably wake up in the middle of the night with an urge to pee.
- Don’t go to bed at any time of the day or night. It is the best idea to develop a strong routine and stick to it. Your brain will be grateful; you will fall asleep faster and feel better.
- Don’t use electronic items before you go to bed. The brightness of the PC, laptop or your mobile device will activate your brain and interrupt your much-needed rest.
- Don’t read books or newspapers in the evening. It is the best idea to read between 3 pm and 8 pm. You should never read in your bed.
- Stay away from alarms clocks that are very bright. This will only animate your brain and make falling asleep more difficult. Select an alarm clock with darker numbers.
- There is no doubt that exercise will make you feel livelier and energized, but you should never get involved in physical activity at least three hours before bedtime.
- Consume the supper two hours before sleep time. If you stomach is full and the food is still not processed, you won’t be able to fall asleep.
- Don’t go to bed if your feet are too cold. It is better to put a sock on or use heating pads than to wait for your feet to become warmer.
- Stay away from cappuccino at night. Drink the last cappuccino less than 5 hours before you go to bed. Use it only if you must be awake at night.
- Develop a pre-sleep routine – visit the bathroom, brush the teeth, wash the face, urinate and go to bed. This is a great way to prepare your brain for what’s coming next.
Having a good night’s sleep is crucial for your health and wellbeing! Please, share these tips with your friends and family. Thank you.